Therapeutic Massage: Restoring Balance and Relieving Pain
Here at Lime Green Lotus I am experienced in working on a wide variety of conditions. Many of my clients benefit from therapeutic massage, e.g. athletes striving for improved range of motion, chronic pain clients, clients with physical disabilities and physical therapy clients.
The defining feature of therapeutic massage is that it works each muscle or muscle group from origin to insertion. I select the relevant techniques from my massage toolbox to work with your particular issue. My particular brand of therapeutic massage is composed of a variety of techniques, including myofascial release, neuromuscular therapy, trigger point therapy, deep tissue massage and Thai stretches.
Therapeutic massage is beneficial for a wide variety of conditions:
- Chronic or acute headaches.
- Lower back problems such as sciatica, piriformis syndrome, sacroiliac joint pain, hip imbalances and spinal muscular restrictions.
- Neck and shoulder pain and rotator cuff tears.
- Tendonitis of the knee and in other parts of the body such as tennis elbow or Achilles tendonitis.
- Chronic inflammation such as plantar fasciitis.
- Chronic pain.
- Scar tissue restrictions.
- Contracted and shortened muscles, as well as restricted tissue due to injury.
- Dehydrated muscle tissue, resulting in imbalances and other restrictions
Therapeutic massage clients experience improved blood and oxygen circulation, more effective detoxification and nutrient absorption and enhanced physical alignment/posture and flexibility. In turn, providing your body with a more stable structure protects it from injury.
Sarah Downing is a Licensed Massage Therapist in Savannah, Gerogiaand owner of Lime Green Lotus. Get in touch to learn more.